FATE Brewing Company®, a hybrid craft brewery and full service restaurant, is looking for a full time Pit Boss/Smoker Cook to join our growing team.
We have been named Best New Colorado Brewery by Ratebeer.com (2014), Best New Bar (2014) and Best New Restaurant (2013) by the Daily Camera and took Gold at the Great American Beer Festival (2014) in the German-Style Kölsch category.
This person will be tasked with:
- Preparing a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment and assumes responsibility for quality of products served.
- Knowing and complying consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
- Coordinating with line cooks to stock and maintain sufficient levels of food product to ensure smooth service periods.
- Portioning food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintaining a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Handling, storing and rotating all products properly.
- Assisting in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed/directed.
- Attending all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Performing other related duties as assigned by the Executive Chef, Sous Chef, Culinary Director and/or manager-on-duty.
We are seeking employees with strong interpersonal skills, a knack for teamwork and a breadth of food and beverage knowledge accompanied by a strong desire to learn more.
- Knowledge of large scale BBQ production on competition size Smoker.
- At least 3 years cook or lead cook experience.
- At least 1 year butchery or meat cutting experience.
- Coachability and desire to increase knowledge of food, beverage, and the service industry is a must
- Open availability is a must.
Help us get to know you. Answer the following questions:
- Tell us about your previous Pit Boss experience.
- What is your favorite cut of meat to prepare? Why?
- Describe your most memorable meal. Where were you? What was on your plate? What where you drinking?
- What do you like to do to release stress in your everyday life?
- What is your favorite beer style? Brand? Brewery? Why?
- Why do you want to work at FATE Brewing Company as a Pit Boss/Smoker Cook?
- What does good customer service mean to you?
Please respond to this posting with your resume and the answers to the above questions. We look forward to meeting you.