FATE Brewing Company®, a hybrid craft brewery and full service restaurant, is looking for a full time Sous Chef to join our growing team.
We have been named Best New Colorado Brewery by Ratebeer.com (2014), Best New Bar (2014) and Best New Restaurant (2013) by the Daily Camera and took Gold at the Great American Beer Festival (2014) in the German-Style Kölsch category.
This person will be tasked with:
- Reporting directly to Executive Chef and take direction and input of Owners, Culinary Director and Restaurant Managers.
- Maintaining the highest standards of food preparation and recipe execution, correcting and coaching as necessary.
- Estimating food preparation requirements and food/labor costs and manage staff appropriately.
- Evaluating kitchen staff on an ongoing basis and aid and direct professional development with active coaching.
- Creating daily specials that match brand identity and meet quality standards
- Arranging for equipment purchases and repairs with approval of Exec Chef and/or Culinary Director.
- Performing administrative duties, including but not limited to scheduling, inventory, ordering, recipe writing.
- Complying with nutrition/allergen and sanitation regulations and safety standards.
- Maintaining time clock awareness and payroll records.
- Maintaining a positive and professional approach with co-workers and guests.
- Assuming 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Assisting the Executive Chef and Culinary Director as directed.
- Acting as the Lead Chef in the absence of the Executive Chef.
We are seeking employees with strong interpersonal skills, a knack for teamwork and a breadth of food and beverage knowledge accompanied by a strong desire to learn more.
- Proven working experience as a Lead Cook or Sous Chef
- Excellent record of kitchen management
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Current with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office Suite, restaurant management software, POS)
- Must have a current and valid ServSafe certificate
- BS degree in Culinary science or related certificate preferred
- Coachability and desire to increase knowledge of food, beverage, and the service industry is a must
- Open availability is a must
Help us get to know you. Answer the following questions:
- Tell us about your hardest day as a Sous Chef.
- Tell us about your biggest victory as Sous Chef.
- Tell us about your hardest day as a manager.
- Tell us about your biggest victory as a manager.
- Describe your most memorable meal. Where were you? What was on your plate? What where you drinking?
- What do you like to do to release stress in your everyday life?
- What is your favorite beer style? Brand? Brewery? Why?
- Why do you want to work at FATE Brewing Company as a Sous Chef?
- What does good customer service mean to you?
Please respond to this posting with your resume and the answers to the above questions. We look forward to meeting you.